Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Hump Day

Connect the dots....LA LA LA....connect the dots....LA LA LA

Ok if you didn't grow up watching Pee Wee Herman, then you don't know what I'm talking about. But it's Wednesday and I'm at work spinning around in my chair, bored out of my mind, singing songs from 80s television.....BOOOOOO!

I feel like I've been to work for weeks with no break. In reality it's only been 2 days. This is what happens when you are completely useless at work. I mean they've given me literally 2 tasks to do in the past 2 months. What do I do in the meantime?

Check email....school work....check email.....NSBE work.....check email.....play games..... check email.... BLOG..... check email....

The funny part is during the school year, almost every time I check my email, there's something new in there. Now thanks to summer vacation and my new lessened NSBE responsibilities I get like 10 emails a day....versus like 50. And most of my email now doesn't require a response. I just read it, say that's cool and then move on.

Bottom line..... I'M BORED OUT OF MIND! I don't know how much longer I can take this. Especially because in about a week, the workforce at my job is about to get cut in half. Yeah a lot of folks at my job who get real salaries (as opposed to my stipend and a graduate assistant) got laid off. Their final day? May 31st. Almost EVERYONE that i talk to on a consistent basis at work is about to be gone....then I'm really screwed. I have no idea what I'm going to do this summer.

I always try to look busy at work, but I'm thinking that I'm just gonna start taking books with me to work and reading. I mean really I've been waiting to read for fun for a while now. And I normally get to do that over the summer, so why not?

Is it lunchtime yet?

No comments: