Sunday, March 26, 2006

I Am Not My GPA

Slightly irritated in the world of job hunting. This is really starting to get old. I'm tired of companies telling me that my GPA is too low. It's not like I have a 2.1 or something. I think it's worse because most companies have this magical 3.0 GPA requirement and I'm just below that. All I can keep thinking is damn if I had dropped that one class I could have had the right GPA or man I wish I had gone to an easier school or picked an easier major. I had a company last week tell me they couldn't interview me because my undergrad GPA wasn't a 3.0! I graduated from undergrad 3 years ago! WTF...

I guess I'm thinking about it more because I've been interviewing a lot lately. I've been getting basically to the final rounds of these interviews, but people are responding after that. Like on Friday I was doing an final round interview at a certain aerospace company and the guy was like circling my GPA on my resume for five minutes telling me it was too low. If my GPA was so damn low, why did you call me in the first place. It's not like it was the first time these people had seen my grades. I knew I was in trouble when at the beginning of the day the announcement was made that the average GPA in the room was a 3.53.....ouch.

All I'm saying is don't waste my time with this madness and mess with my emotions if at the last minute you're going to pull back. Sooner or later I will find somewhere that will allow me to prove to them that my GPA is not a reflection of my intelligence and that I'm a committed person who can get things done. Otherwise I'm going to go work at Best Buy....oh wait, they said I was over qualified... :O(

1 comment:

POPS said...

get 'em girl. we got a job here waiting for you if you wanna relocate!