Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ghost Ride the Whip

On my final day in the bay, I thought it would be fitting to talk about how excited I am that Bay music is starting to get it's due all over the place. Most people think that nobody in the bay has made a hit since "I Got 5 On It" (which can still be heard almost daily on any bay area radio station), but the bottom line is the bay area hyphy movement has been in full effect for a while now. And with the release of E-40s newest album on Tuesday, people all over the country are getting a taste of what it means to be hyphy, go dumb and put ya stunna shades on yadidamean? :O)

This was confirmed today when I turned on MTV Jams (a channel I don't get in LA and will dearly miss) to find an E-40 video marathon on today. There were videos on there I didn't even know 40 had made. Did you know that Tupac was in the Player's Ball video? I didn't either, and I also just noticed Mack-10 in the background with his USC hat and t-shirt on...good lookin homie.

All this bay love will be capped off tonight with the show "My Block: The Bay" airing on MTV tonight at 11pm. Anyone who wants to check out how it goes down in the bay needs to check this out...ya smell me? Check out the article on MTV.com

1 comment:

POPS said...

c'mon, homey. the bay been banging it out. souls of mischief, pharcyde, living legends, rasco. where YOU been at?! hahaha. i actually don't like e-40 much, but can still give props where it's due.