Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year....New Me....New You....

OK so I'm gonna start this post by saying...I hate new year's resolutions. We never keep them and then we make the same ones again the next year. So I'm not making new year's resolutions. I'm just setting some goals for myself in the New Year. These are things I've been putting off FOREVER or starting and stopping. The hope is that by putting them to paper (or blog) that I will be more likely to work towards accomplishing them. Or I could just abandon this blog and forget that it ever existed...

NO only happy thoughts! So here I go:

1. Lose 10 lbs a month. I made this exact same promise last year. Total weight loss since Jan 2006: 5 lbs. But looking back I have changes a lot of my habits from a year ago which will help me now get focused. I know you're thinking "well how many months does she need to reach her overall goal"? I'm not gonna tell you now, cuz then you can figure out how big I am! I'll tell you how much I lost, after I lose it! :o)

2. Actually I think I'm gonna stop here for now...there are plenty of other things swirling in my head, but honestly I think 2007 is the year to focus on getting healthy. Those of you that know me know that my health can get really crazy at times, and most of my problems can be traced back to being overweight. So how about I just focus on this one until something else comes along that I need to address. Like I said I'm setting goals, not resolutions. You set resolutions once a year, but you change your goals anytime you want.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reet! I didn't know you had a blog. Yay, now I can add you to my blogroll. In any case, I think I'm gonna start making resolutions AFTER I've already acheived them. Therefore, I won't feel bad about not doing what I said I was gonna do, lol. Genius, I know :)

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Syreeta...I found ur blog through Bri's, so here I am! Yay for having an intelligent blog circle...between all of us, I know some important isht is gettin said/expressed. Happy New Year!