Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's Starting Already!!!

Football Season! I know what you're thinking... Reet it's only May and the NBA playoffs aren't even over. But I tell ya that football is starting and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it. OK so right now there's just ridiculously early rankings speculation and NFL pre-season camps. But dammit it's football! Fox Sports has already started their 119 teams in 119 days preview of everything D-1 football. Of course right now they're previewing teams like Idaho, Kent State, New Mexico State and Florida Atlantic. And sure they won't be talking about a team from the Pac-10 until June 26th (and do even Husky fans REALLY care about football?) And it's very true they will not discuss my beloved Trojans until August 30th. But hey it's something to read. And since as soon as I get really excited about the NBA, the teams that I want to win will lose, I'll stick to just checking the scores every couple of games. I'll watch the finals as long as it's not the Spurs vs. Pistons (because really, we've already seen that, it's not exciting to anyone outside of Detroit & San Antonio). So I'll stick to enjoying my obscure stories about the USC depth chart, which number Reggie will wear in New Orleans and how Matty, Lendale & Darnell are doing in mini-camp. This should hold me over for a while. It's almost time for football people...it's a celebration bitches!!!

No comments: