Thursday, November 03, 2005

Why Do You Have Time...

Ok so today I spent WAY too much time reading everyone else's blogs (hours of fun in Dizzy's place) and then decided to write something in my blog. And I thought about it, why does everyone else have so much time to write in their blogs and I don't? Why is it that other people can find time almost every day to write down all of these thoughts? Then I thought about it...these people aren't in engineering school!

Which is exactly why I'm trying to get out! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Really I can. The problem is that everytime I see the light and get close enough to touch it, it moves farther away. So I've decided that regardless of what happens between now and May, I'm leaving in May. I don't care. I refuse to stay here any longer. I've OFFICIALLY been at USC too long. Need proof....here you go...


You know you've been at USC too long when:

1. People that came to USC after you now are trying to recruit you at the Career Fair

2. People say things like "Syreeta you can't leave....what would USC be without Syreeta?" (I'm flattered really, but you get the idea)

3. You've been at USC longer than Pete Carroll and probably most of the USC Football coaching staff

4. You remember the last time USC lost to UCLA in football...and you were there

5. There are about 10 buildings on campus that were not here when you got here

6. The freshman were in elementary school when you first got to USC


I could go on and on but I'm just depressing myself. Then people say things like "but you're gonna have two degrees when you leave". That doesn't change the feeling that I'm never gonna leave this place and after all these years of pain suffering I'm gonna end up working at Best Buy (don't trip they get good discounts and I could play with electronics all day).

OK OK OK enough with that subject. You just gotta get that out sometimes you know. But on the bright side I've discovered a viable way to get my degree without ever taking another electrical engineering class. I've dropped the EE class I'm taking right now (didn't need, don't know what I was thinking) and I will just finish my computer science class (that doesn't involve programming...go figure). This is my schedule for next semester...

Business Entrepreneurship 551 - Intro to New Ventures
Law 599 - Intellectual Property for Engineers & Scientists
Industrial Engineering 585 - Strategic Mgmt of Technology


These are big fancy names for classes that I only have to go to once a week, read some books and write a paper for or do a group project in. Finally the life of a non-engineering major! I'm excited, plus now I can figure out if I like taking Business or Law classes so when I get tired of being an engineer (which I estimate will happen before 2009) I have some background on whether Business or Law school is for me. An MBA or JD sounds nice =0)

OK now I've talked for way too long when I'm supposed to be watching my lecture from yesterday that I was too lazy to go.

3 comments:

POPS said...

keep ya head up. you're almost at the end of the tunnel, soldier.

POPS said...

it'd be messed up if they gave you an honorary degree before you got your BS!

Elle B. said...

I had to stop doing my blog at work...but then I spend hours at work on other ppl's blogs.

And I was at the last game that SC lost to USC in football...