Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Exhausted....

I don't know how I get myself into these messes. So this week is EXTRA ridiculous and it's only Tuesday! I don't know what possessed me to try and teach Calculus to the summer bridge kids, but that's exactly what I'm doing. I've only gotten through one day and I'm exhausted already. Plus I'm an RA. I've been with these kids almost all day for 2 days and I'm already ridiculously tired. But they're really cool so I guess I'll get over it. Is it Friday yet?

Not to mention I'm still taking my summer school class and I was fighting sleep SO much today in class. It's not even that it was boring or I didn't understand what was going on. I was really interested in class, I just couldn't stay awake. I hope the professor didn't see me dozing too much.

Here's what my schedule for today looked like:

6am Wake up
7am Breakfast
8-10am Calculus Group 1
10am-12pm Calculus Group 2
2-3:30pm Materials Science Class
4-5pm Work
5-6pm Dinner
6-8pm Summer Bridge Study Session
8pm-Whenever Prepare tomorrow's Calculus Lecture

I'm tired just thinking about all the crap I did today. Hopefully it will get easier. I hope I'm actually teaching these kids something. I feel like a big bumbling idiot in front of them and after 4 hours of straight lecturing I was exhausted.

HELP ME....HELP ME PLEASE!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Apparently, you're a much better bridge RA than I was. The kids only saw me at night. I had to work during the day.

ARP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ARP said...

Thanks a lot Syreeta, now that I know that teaching is daunting and exhausting, I have to reconcieve my ENTIRE CAREER trajectory... Thanks. Thanks a lot. Another aimless negro.... just what the world needs. :)